Sunday, July 26, 2015

I treasure you

I treasure you.
Another one of those love poems.
I’ll lose count of the letters
but never forget what I wrote.
Ask me what our first exchanged words were
and I’ll tell you every time up until to the day the angels come to take me away.
This thing that sparked inside us
It’s called love
and we found it in the most amazing place.
Hope wasn’t lost,
It guided us to one another.
It said fuck the past pains, the distance and the people that said it won’t work.
As long as I see that smile
that face
and hear that voice
and your laugh;
It makes all the minutes apart worthwhile.
Baby, I’m not gassing your head-
only and truly marveling at your intelligence
and beauty.
It’s dope that we can stare at each other for hours
and not complete a single sentence
but still smile like two big goofy kids falling in love over night.
What babe?
Can’t I feel proud that I get to lay next to your body
and hold it at night while the stars light up the dark sky
then wake up and realize it wasn't a dream
It’s real baby.
and it’s not finished
We're still a million love letters and poems away...
A fool with a treasure of gold
in the chest, beats two hearts intertwined
So, I treasure...you.

No comments:

Post a Comment