Sunday, July 26, 2015

Poem for the dancer

Tap dancing still,
but actually dancing slowly.
I do cherish the time
but I can’t help wanting you to love me.
It could be winter or this city,
causing me to act this way
and judging how you treat me.

I don’t know how to play spades,
so I laid all my cards out on the table.
I still see that you have doubt
and maybe that’s why I am unstable.
Your actions speak louder than my words.
And when you think of bees,
I think of birds.
I can tell you’ve been stung
but wish you could listen to my little bird
and the song that’s being sung.

I won’t fight attraction;
nor will I ignore the subject of satisfaction.
There are wants and needs in life
and
I want to have you in my life
but I have needs
and it’s only right
to give what is received.

Are you ready to stop tap dancing around me
and learn a different dance?
Paint a different picture?
Understand another being?

Some things can’t be forced
and I’m not trying to.
I’m looking to form.
Grow with me.
Create with me.
Share with me.
Be more than just being ‘with me’.
Dance with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment