Sunday, July 26, 2015

His dream

He had a dream. A big dream. A voice. A powerful voice.
My little dark eyes grew big in surprise, didn’t recognize the love and beauty inside.
I rejected my skin for such a long time.
Little Monster you are, I told myself.
But his dream, unlike many, planted a seed in dark souls of mankind.
A seed deep within me.
Every flower has its struggle to grow.
The soil can be rough.
Don’t let it hold you down, find your sunshine.
He stood above us, only to help us rise up.
Rise up my brothers and sisters!
We can dream and believe at the same time.
His dream, his non-violent fight won us the war.
Rights were given, but the most important right was deep within us.
The right to dream.
Advocate peace and receive peace.
Your mind, your heart, your soul!
Growing from the seed in your dreams
Believing with your eyes and your mind
“I seen the promised land” he said
“We as a people get to the promise land”
I opened my dark eyes and felt my dark skin.
I was a flower.
A beautiful flower.
And it all started with him

and his dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment