Sunday, July 26, 2015

THE LOVE OF TWO LIONS

How many years has it been?
or
How many minutes, how many hours, how many days?
I feel like I’ve known you forever
We’ve been locked up in cages, trained to be stared at and judged
Somehow, our hearts broke us free

Deep inside, bared a heart so great,
so lively
so strong
so beautiful
we couldn’t contain it for long

I made my way to the concrete jungle
alone, without my pride
This big heart of mine kept me going throughout the day
but at night, when the tears start to come
I hear your roar
I remember you
It seems like a lifetime, but I remember

We licked each other’s wounds
You told me if I was strong, we’ll find each other again.
I told you, as long as the moon and the stars light up the sky at night,
I’ll think of you
Your soft paws and radiant smile
I’ll roar right back at you

For what seems like our sadness and loneliness,
is really our love
setting us free
showing our strength  

No comments:

Post a Comment